Secure Login
About Us


A NEW WAY
 
The Jefferson Health Plan is dedicated to serving the financial needs of your benefit program while responding to your employees' needs for access to high quality care.
 
The Jefferson Health Plan enables eligible employers to provide individually designed benefit programs to their employees while being able to enjoy the cost-saving advantages of group purchasing through the consortium.  Simply put, The Jefferson Health Plan is able to provide a variety of benefits to participating member organizations.  Participating employers may choose to fund any of the following customizable benefit plans:
 
• Medical Care Benefits                  
• Prescription Drug Benefits           
• Dental Care Benefits                    
• Vision Care Benefits
• Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance Benefits
 
Individual employers have the freedom to design the benefit plan (or plans) that best fit their unique needs and can alter those plan offerings from time to time, as needs change.
 
The Jefferson Health Plan allows members to gain purchasing power on par with that of much larger organizations by combining with other like employers.  Collectively, this purchasing coalition encompasses over 55,001 lives.  This collaborative effort affords member organizations the ability to deliver employer-specific benefit programs at the lowest possible cost.
 
SHARE IN THE BENEFITS OF BETTER HEALTH CARE
 
We focus on plan deign, local delivery of services, and local hospitals and doctors you know, and then couple that with 21st Century tools through our vendor partner arrangements.  Add in a nonprofit organization model that puts you at the center of the equation by allowing you to self insure your benefit program, and we've got a winning recipe for health care services delivery.
 
The Jefferson Health Plan was first established in 1985 to serve public entities in Ohio and afford them an opportunity to SHARE in the benefits of better health care.  The Jefferson Health Plan was founded as a partially self-insured health benefits program, and today, with annual revenues exceeding $175 million, provides health care and related employee benefit programs to over 250 public employer member organizations throughout the State of Ohio, covering some 55,001 plan participants.
 
About 60% of the member organizations are school districts, while the other 40% is comprised of cities, townships, port authorities, county government employees, libraries, villages, etc.  The Jefferson Health Plan is organized and operates as a Council of Governments under Ohio Code 167 with membership open to political subdivisions of the State of Ohio.
 
CONTACT
 
Consider the benefits of group purchasing and join the many other Ohio organizations now members of The Jefferson Health Plan.  Your organization and employees deserve the best! 
 
For more information, contact The Jefferson Health Plan at 740-283-3347.
2023 Sunset Boulevard  |   Steubenville, OH  43952  |   P: 740-792-4010  |    Webmaster - kmartin@thejeffersonhealthplan.org
Quick-Edit Login