JHP Growth and Experience Director (GED) Job Description
Recruit and retain Jefferson Health Plan political subdivision members in accordance with the mission, goals and policies of the Board of Directors in all current and future markets. Works with National Marketing Director (NMD) to develop marketing strategies by studying economic indicators; identifying customers based on their current and future needs; monitoring the competition. The GED will work with political subdivisions’ leadership to seek growth opportunities and ensure best-in-class experiences.
Reports to: JHP NMD
- 10 years political subdivision leadership experience:
- administering and implementing self-insured benefit plans,
- overseeing self-insured claims administration matters,
- working in the government space with self-insured benefit plans,
- understanding and overcoming the unique challenges of political subdivisions.
- Demonstrated and thorough understanding of self-insured benefit plans, including both the funding and administration aspects of such programs, as well as a respected reputation.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, problem-solve, collaborate with a cross-functional team and work independently.
- Effective listening, probing and assessment skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Possess or willing to obtain an Ohio Life & Health Insurance License preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel often throughout all JHP markets.
- Demonstrated experience in governmental services will be key to the success of GED.
- The successful candidate will bring to the position an established network of governmental relationships to be utilized in achieving overall growth objectives for the organization.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Obtains market share by developing marketing plans and programs for each product with National Marketing Director; directing promotional support.
- Maintains relations with customers by organizing and developing specific customer- relations programs; determining company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars with National Marketing Director.
- Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Influences present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
- Develops new uses for existing products by analyzing statistics regarding market development; acquiring and analyzing data; consulting with internal and external sources.
- Maintains research database by identifying and assembling marketing information.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Achieves financial objectives with National Marketing Director by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes marketing department operational requirements and ensures work results.
- Assists NMD, as needed, with recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Provides effective sales, marketing, and educational presentations in both small and large group settings.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by CEO, COO or NMD.
Knowledge of JHP bylaws and agreement.
Knowledge of marketing and sales techniques
Knowledge of human resources, personnel practices and human relations.
Ability to work well with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
In addition, the recruitment/retention specialist should be:
Trustworthy, confidential, accessible, objective, not biased.
Interested in own professional growth.
Evenings and overnight travel to member group locations.
260 day contract with benefits